At Sprouts Art & Nature School, nature play is the centerpiece of the day, because the benefits of art & nature play for children are numerous.
Our mission is to counteract the increasing presence of electronics and increasing pressure of academics in children’s lives. We believe that early free play in art & nature is the fix.
With the ever increasing presence and accessibility of screens, electronics, computers, technology and passive activities, the antidote is imagination, creative expression, and nature exposure and appreciation from an early age.
At Sprouts, the children are the next generation of environmentalists and taking the first step in protecting our planet and it’s natural resources (source1, source2, source3 )
You can learn so much more about the importance of nature in children’s lives here at the children and nature research library.
At Sprouts, the children are taught that the process is always more important than the product.
- attention, memory, and cognition improvement (source4)
- preparedness for kindergarten (source5)
- increased learning capacities and leadership capabilities (source6)
- increased sustained attention and concentration (source7)
- increased physical activity (source10)
- increased development of physical skills including agility, balance, and coordination (source11)
- stress-reduction (source12)
- promotes positive social interactions and small group interaction (source14)
- improved self-esteem, self-efficacy, and resilience (source15)
- improved mental health as adults (source16)
- increased comfort and skilled in cooperative activities (source17)
- increased self-regulation (source18)
Ready to find out more?