At Sprouts Art & Nature School, nature play is the centerpiece of the day and the benefits of nature play for children are numerous.
With the ever increasing presence and accessibility of screens, electronics, computers, technology and passive activities, the antidote is nature exposure and appreciation from an early age.
Children attending Sprouts are the next generation of environmentalists and taking the first step in protecting our planet and it’s natural resources (source1, source2, source3 )
You can learn so much more about the importance of nature in children’s lives here at the children and nature research library.
- attention, memory, and cognition improvement (source4)
- preparedness for kindergarten (source5)
- increased learning capacities and leadership capabilities (source6)
- increased sustained attention and concentration (source7)
- increased physical activity (source10)
- increased development of physical skills including agility, balance, and coordination (source11)
- stress-reduction (source12)
- promotes positive social interactions and small group interaction (source14)
- improved self-esteem, self-efficacy, and resilience (source15)
- improved mental health as adults (source16)
- increased comfort and skilled in cooperative activities (source17)
- increased self-regulation (source18)
Learn more about the Sprouts Preschool, Childcare, After-School and Summer Camp.